If you have questions about your pool, please contact your pool administrator directly.
If you are an admin and need some help, please send us a note with the support form.
- Is Officepools.com a gambling site?
- What browsers do you support?
- Why should I sign-up/register as a user?
- How do I create a pool?
- What are the differences between draft pools, open pools, and box pools?
- Oops! I created the wrong type of pool. What do I do now?
- I ran a pool last season - I don't want to type in all the team names again - what do i do?
- I have created a bunch of pools, how do I delete them?
- Do you have playoff pools?
- Can I change the pool name after I have created it?
- How do I get a list of all teams, their real names and email addresses?
- How can I tell if a team has paid or not?
- As an administrator, why do I have to give my email address when I create a pool?
- I am trying to add a certain player to a box using the box pool editor and it won't let me. Why?
- I am running a Box Pool (or Open Pool). How can I make it so people don't see each other's picks?
- I want to print out my box pool template but I cannot find the PDF.
- I have paid for my box pool but do not like the template I have chosen. What can I do?
- Is there any way to reset the boxes in my pool back to the default template you ʺcurrentlyʺ use?
- I am the Admin running the Draftroom and one of my guys is offline. I need to pick for them - what do I do?
- How do I go about starting my draft using the Draftroom feature?
- Where do I set the time of my Online Draft?
- How do I enter our previously drafted teams to the site?
- How do I add teams to the pool?
- How do I create teams?
- I can't select any goalies or teams - what do I do?
- Why are people not able to pick more than one team using the invite code?
- How do participants enter their own teams (selections) to the pool after they log in?
- I have some poolies who added their teams late. What will happen to their points for the games they have missed?
- I have handed out my own sheets and want to enter the teams, now what?
- How do poolies edit their picks once they have a team?
- Help! I can't logout or login!
- How do I login as the pool administrator?
- I am participating in multiple pools on Officepools.com. What do I do?
- What scoring categories do you have?
- My pool is created - how are the stats updated?
- Where do you get your stats from?
- When are the stats final?
- Are the stats real time?
- My goalie played almost the whole game and his team won - why did I not get the points?
- I have found a discrepancy correction you guys should make. What should I do?
- What can I do about the injuries - sometimes they don't look up to date?
- Why is the picklist report showing players/teams not in the playoffs?
- Is there any fast way can see if someone has duplicate players on their team?
- Why aren't teams showing up in my picker?
- Why aren't goalies showing up in my picker?
- How much is your service?
- When is the pool payment due?
- How do I pay for my pool?
- How large of a pool can I run on your site for my $20?
- Is payment secure on your site?
- What happens if I miss the payment date?
- Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
- Do you have any suggestions or comments for the Officepools staff?
- Want to advertise on OfficePools.com?
Is Officepools.com a gambling site?No, Officepools.com is not a gambling site, it is a gaming site. We offer fantasy hockey simulation as a service for our client. We do not manage or accept any wagers.
What browsers do you support?We have built Officepools.com to run well on most modern browsers such as Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer. Mobile versions of browsers will also work. We recommend that you download the most recent versions for the best possible experience.
Why should I sign-up/register as a user?As a result of Canada's new anti-spam legislation (http://fightspam.gc.ca/eic/site/030.nsf/eng/home), Officepools.com requires you to create a user account and opt-in. This sign-up is required to get the most of your Officepools fantasy hockey experience. You must have an account in order to create a new pool or team. Creating a user account provides you access to a number of features that can improve your fantasy hockey experience, and in some cases provide an advantage in your pool.
- Email communications, such as nightly standings updates, trash talk notifications, broadcast messages, and pool invitations from your admin.
- Access to advanced pooling features, such as the draftroom.
- Availability of enhanced intelligence such as injury and player news.
- A roll-up of your entire pool history with Officepools.
How do I create a pool?Creating a pool is easy and can be done in minutes. If you are new to fantasy hockey, our pools are already set up to provide a fun and competitive gaming environment that will certainly impress your friends. As you become more knowledgeable and confident about the features, you can begin to explore the variety of customizable features to improve your fantasy hockey experience. On the Home Page, simply click the Create a Pool Now button. This will guide you through the setup process. And if you have questions, there is now help available on every page. If that is not enough, check out the tutorials that will help guide you through the process. It is that easy.
What are the differences between draft pools, open pools, and box pools?In a draft pool, no player can be held by more than one participant - called a "poolie". All of the pool participants take turns drafting their "picks". The picks can either be entered manually by the pool admin, or the draft can be done on the site (live or offline) using the Officepools Draftroom. This type of pool requires some in-depth knowledge of players beyond the top tier of NHL stars. Since each player may only be selected by a single team, draft pools are best for smaller pools. Open pools differ from draft pools in that player picks are not unique. In these pools, the same player can be picked by multiple teams. Since open pools allow duplicate picks, these pools can be large - poolies can be invited by email to create their teams and make their picks online or the pool admin can enter the team manually. Box pools are the simplest form of a pool. In a box pool, a fixed number of players of a similar calibre (i.e. forwards, defensemen, superstars, rookies) are grouped together in a "box". Everyone simply picks a single player from each box. Thus, multiple participants can have the same player on their roster or team. Box pools can have a large number of entrants so box pool picks are typically made online by each poolie, though the pool admin can enter them or make changes as well. A box pool is an excellent way for a beginner to get into fantasy hockey. Create your own box pool, or use the templates provided by the Officepools guru at the beginning of each season.
Oops! I created the wrong type of pool. What do I do now?If you made a mistake while registering, and your poolies have not yet made their picks, it is very easy to change the pool type. In terms of data management, the pool types are very similar - the main difference between them is how you make picks. To change pool types, use the Admin console, and under Pool, click the "change pool type" feature. Changing pool types will keep all of you teams. If you change to a Box Pool, you will need to configure the boxes before your poolies can make their picks. If you selected the wrong pool type, and your poolies have already made their picks, contact us and we will do our best to help you make the change.
I ran a pool last season - I don't want to type in all the team names again - what do i do?The Create Pool page for both Draft and Open pools gives you the option to populate teams, picks and players from last season. For Box Pools we suggest you login to last year's pool, go to the Pool Invites page and click the link for the copy and paste version of the email addresses you used last year. After you create the new box pool for the current season you can simply paste these into the Pool Invites page.
I have created a bunch of pools, how do I delete them?In the Admin menu, select the delete pool option from the "pool" menu. Only un-paid pools can be deleted. This is not reversible, so be careful.
Do you have playoff pools?Yes! We support both regular season and playoff pools. Towards the end of March, we open registration for the playoffs.
Can I change the pool name after I have created it?Unfortunately, you cannot. Be mindful when selecting your pool name. Keep it short and simple. We suggest that you do not put the year or the season in the name.
How do I get a list of all teams, their real names and email addresses?Only admins can see all poolie information. Click on List in the team section of the admin panel.
How can I tell if a team has paid or not?Officepools does not charge poolies to participate in the pool, nor will we accept or manage wagers. Knowing whether a team has paid or not is the responsibility of the administrator. That said, Officepools does provide a check box to help administrators manage poolie participation and payment. This can be found on the Team List page.
As an administrator, why do I have to give my email address when I create a pool?Officepools needs your email for three reasons.
- It is required to email your pool name and password so you can keep a record of it in case you forget it.
- If you do lose that email and forget your password, we need to haver a unique way of knowing that you are the administrator.
- So that your own poolies can email you through Officepools.com with questions about the pool.
I am trying to add a certain player to a box using the box pool editor and it won't let me. Why?The Editor will only allow players to be in one box at a time - you probably have him already.
I am running a Box Pool (or Open Pool). How can I make it so people don't see each other's picks?Set the Guest Access Start Date to a date on or after the Entry Cutoff Date - that way, nobody has access to the Standings and other people's teams until after everyone has made picks. You can change these dates on the Pool Dates page.
I want to print out my box pool template but I cannot find the PDF.As the pool admin, you can go to the box pool template editor page and download the PDF from there.
I have paid for my box pool but do not like the template I have chosen. What can I do?If nobody has entered yet, we suggest you edit your current template. There is no way to switch to another template. If people have made picks using the old template, clear them using the Clear Picks link and have them re-enter their picks once you have edited the template to your satisfaction.
Is there any way to reset the boxes in my pool back to the default template you ʺcurrentlyʺ use?No. Once you select a template, it becomes the default template for the life of the pool. You are then in complete control. The only way to go back to the original is to either manually recreate it, or to create another pool and select the template you want. If you have paid for the pool already, we will have to transfer the payment, but that may take several days. Do not pay until you are satisfied with your pool.
I am the Admin running the Draftroom and one of my guys is offline. I need to pick for them - what do I do?In the Draftroom, click the "Stop" button, and make their pick. Then, click the "Start" button to resume the online draft and the draft will continue in order.
How do I go about starting my draft using the Draftroom feature?First read the Help Articles - one for Admins and one for Teams.The short version - make sure your settings are correct - especially for the number of players, Scoring Categories, Draft Order and Position Mix. Then click the Draftroom Options link, follow the directions in the help. Make sure you turn on Enable Draftroom as this allows your poolies to login to it. There is an indicator beside each team their log in status - once all are ready simply click the Start button and off you go!
Where do I set the time of my Online Draft?You will do this manually. Setting the time and coordinating your poolies is up to you.
How do I enter our previously drafted teams to the site?Login to the Admin section and enter the picks using the Team Editor.
How do I add teams to the pool?As the pool admin, you can add teams by clicking on the 'Team Editor' link. Click the 'Add Team" button on that page to manually add poolies and their players to your pool.
How do I create teams?Login as the Admin and use the Team Editor to create your teams and select the players.
I can't select any goalies or teams - what do I do?Selections for all position are driven by their scoring categories. If you want to select goalies or teams, you need to turn on goalie scoring. Once scoring is defined, the specific category will be displayed in the
Why are people not able to pick more than one team using the invite code?Each invite code should be sent to only one person - each code is unique and is intended to create one team. If you wish to allow anyone to join the pool, send out the generic pool entry link instead.
How do participants enter their own teams (selections) to the pool after they log in?They don't login to make picks - you send them an email invite using the pool invites page. This is for Box Pools and Open Pools - for Draft pools typically the Admin enters all the picks unless they pool uses the online Draftroom.
I have some poolies who added their teams late. What will happen to their points for the games they have missed?All teams are calculated equally - from the pool scoring start date to the pool scoring end date - inclusive - regardless of when they were created.
I have handed out my own sheets and want to enter the teams, now what?You should set up a Box Pool, then go into the page in the admin called :"Box Pool Builder" - this is where you re-create the sheet you sent out. Then, go create the team in the "Team Editor" and enter your picks. It would be easiest to click on the wrench icon next to the name so as to pull up something that looks like your sheet. In the future, you can save yourself a ton of work by creating your sheet using our system first and then send out invites in the "Send Invites" section - this will send each person a link that they then can enter their own picks and even allow them to edit them up until the entry cutoff time. Pay careful attention to the Guest Access time of your pool, usually you set that to the same time as your cutoff so other poolies cannot see each others picks.
How do poolies edit their picks once they have a team?They should have received an Edit Link via email. Clicking this link is the only way they can go back and edit their team. If they did not supply a valid email address the admin will need to add one to their team. The Admin then clicks the ʺForgot Password" link, enters the email address in the box provided and clicks Go. This triggers an email to this address that will include the Edit Link and guest login details.
Help! I can't logout or login!We see this from time to time - Internet Explorer can only handle a couple of cookies per site. So when it gets too many it just stops allowing any more.
We have built a couple of pages you can visit that will clear all the cookies for our site only. It seems to work fairly well. Some people have reported that you need to do a reboot as well to make it work. Make sure that you only have 1 browser window open when you click the link or else all bets are off.
If you have troubles even after hitting these pages, please notify us and we will work with you to get more information about the situation.
Here is the link to the Clear Cookies page.
How do I login as the pool administrator?From the home page select the season, type the name of the pool and your admin password in the appropriate boxes. Click the Login button. If you are already logged into a pool as a guest click the Admin link and enter the Admin password. Click Login. That's it. Note that you can be logged in as a team to use Trash Talk as well as be logged in as the pool admin at the same time.
I am participating in multiple pools on Officepools.com. What do I do?With a user account, you should be able to tie all pools, past, present, and future, so long as you have used the same email address as your login for these pools. Login and sign up for a user account. Then, use the pool and team navigation bars to move between your pools and teams. If you have used multiple addresses, contact us at [email protected] so that we can help you consolidate your pools under one user account. Important: We support access to ONE pool at a time within any browser - you cannot be logged into multiple pools within the same browser session. This is to ensure you do not get multiple tabs and windows open for multiple pools simultaneously as confusion would certainly follow! Yes - you can view as many pools simultaneously as you have browsers installed on your computer - one in IE, one in Firefox, one in Chrome, etc.
What scoring categories do you have?
Officepools has a comprehensive series of scoring categories. We have everything from goals and assists to scoring for goalies, enforcers, rookies, teams, award winners and performance statistics. We even have the illusive Gordie Howe Hat Trick! See the table below for full details about our scoring categories.
|Empty Net Goals||X||X||X||X|
|Even Strength Goals||X||X||X||X|
|First Goal of Game||X||X||X||X|
|Game Winning Goals||X||X||X||X|
|Plus / Minus||X||X||X||X|
|Power Play Assists||X||X||X||X|
|Power Play Goals||X||X||X||X|
|Shootout Game Winning Goals||X||X||X||X|
|Team Goalie Assists||X||X|